WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1pound(500 g) fingerling potatoes,halved (or Yukon golds or halved white/red baby potatoes)
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt,divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper,divided
- 2lbs of skin on wild caught salmon or 4 six ounce filets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic,divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup melted Irish butter
- 3 bunches asparagus,(18 spears, woody ends removed)
- lemon sliced to garnish
Heat oven to 400°F | 200°C. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together potatoes with the oil, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread out in an even layer and roast for 15 minutes until they're just starting to soften and brown.
Push potatoes to one side of the sheet pan and arrange salmon down the center, skin side down of skin on. Rub salmon evenly with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mincedgarlic and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Add the asparagus to the other side of the pan.
Combine 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of the melted butter together and pour the mixture over the salmon and asparagus. Season everything with the remaining salt and pepper.
Return to oven and continue baking until the potatoes are golden and fork-tender and the salmon is opaque throughout, (about 10 minutes). Optional: broil in the last 2 minutes for charred edges.