When the summer heat hits Souther California the last thing I want to do it cook. I find myself looking for recipes that are quick, minimal clean up and don't use the oven. Anything with the words pre heat is OUT.
Chicken lettuce cups tend to be my go to thing to order when we go out so I thought I should work on mastering my own version that costs a fraction of the amount.
- 1lbs Ground Chicken
- 1-2 heads of butter lettuce
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 inch of ginger peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Soyaki Sauce Trader Joe's*
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Sesame Seed Oil
- Chop carrots, shallot and green onion. Leave the green tops of the onions for garnish after cooking and the bottom white portion to sauté.
- Preheat large skillet to medium high. Add 1 tbs of olive oil. When pan is hot add in ground chicken. Cook until browned and remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 1tbs olive oil and 1 tsp. sesame seed oil. Then add in veggies and sauté. Once shallots are translucent add the chicken back in to pan and toss.
- Pour the Soyaki sauce over the top and mix. Remove mixture and place in large bowl.
- Garnish with green onions and serve in butter lettuce cups
*Don't have Trader Joe's Soyaki? Sub Hoisin sauce and Soy Sauce or your favorite asian style sauce.