5 COMMANDMENTS OF BOOTY BUILDING
- Thou shalt warm up properly.
- Thou shalt squeeze at the top of ever squat.
- Never will thou cut calories too low
- Thou Shall Lift heavy.
- Neither shall thou do a workout without practicing mind to muscle connection.
Big butts are all the rage! And while this fitness crave might be the latest fad, building your booty has a ton of benefits. Your butt is the largest muscle in your bod. Your glutes stabilize your pelvis and when they are strengthened it can help you avoid back injury, prevent knee pain and protect your spine. When in comes to building your glutes there are a few key things you need to know about the anatomy of your butt.
The Glute Maximus, the gluteus medius and the gluteus minimus. These three muscles combined create your booty.
There are many different ways to activate your glutes. While squats seem to get the most fanfare, they are not the most effective butt building workout. It is important to activate all parts of your booty for the most effective workout. Squats mainly activate the quadriceps. While there are many workouts that claim to be the best for building your butt it will be up to you to experiment and find what works best for you.
Next time you are doing your workout focus on what muscles you are trying to work. In the industry this is referred to as "mind to muscle connection". The idea is if you are more conscious of the muscle group you are training the better your results will be. When doing your booty workout try to be aware if you are feeling the burn mainly in the glutes opposed to your hamstrings and quads. Feeling the burn? Push in to it and focus on "Time under tension". The longer your can keep the burn going the more effective your booty building workout will be.
Another important factor to building your booty will be nutrition. When building muscle mass it is extremely important to understand that being in a caloric surplus is 100% necessary. This means eating more. A lot of women can find the word "bulk" terrifying. But eating an adequate amount of calories will give your body what it needs to build muscle.
Start with a good warm up:
When doing your booty workout it will be very important to activate your glutes properly prior to starting your workouts. Resistance bands are a great tool to use to warm up your butt before jumping in to your workouts.
Do effective moves:
- Begin standing with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with a wide step flexing at the knee. Trying to have your knee almost touch the ground. Keep shoulders back and maintain posture, and your front knee should stay above the front foot.
- Drive through the heel of your lead foot and extend both knees to raise yourself back up.
- Step forward with your rear foot, repeating the lunge on the opposite leg.
Feet Elevated Glute Bridges:
This variation of glute bridges helps avoid your quads from dominating during this exercise. This is a great workout to play with time under tension. When you really start to feel the burn then start counting your reps. This is a good workout to do in high volume sets like 50+
1. lay down on a mat with feet towards a bench
2. Place heels on edge of bench with feet flexed.
3. Drive through your heels hinging pelvis towards the ceiling, thrusting hips up.
4. Focusing on squeezing glutes in at the top of each rep holding and pausing.
There are many different variations of deadlifts and it will be important for youth figure out what feels the most comfortable for you. The variation shown is a romanan deadlift with dumbbells. Pick a weight that feels heavy but you still can complete your reps.
- Begin in a standing position with a dumbbell in each hand. Ensure that your back is straight and stays that way for the duration of the exercise.
- Start by flexing your hips, slowly pushing your butt as far back as you can. This should entail a horizontal movement of the hips, rather than a downward movement. The knees should only partially bend, and your weight should remain on your heels.
- Drive your butt back as far as you can, which should generate tension in your hamstrings as your hands approach knee level. Maintain an arch in your back throughout the exercise.
- When your hips cannot perform any further backward movement, pause, and then slowly return to the starting position by extending the hips. Focus on pushing away from the earth through your heels.
This move is a deceiving one inspired by Bret Contreres Phd
- Get into a glute bridge position
- Flatten out lumbar spine
- Tuck neck into chest
- Dig elbows into ground and make fists
- Put bottoms of feet together and scoot heels as close to butt as possible
- Bridge into the air while maintaining position.
Eat for your goals:
When it came to eating for my goals, eating more was what had to happen. While making the goal of gaining weight after working so hard to lose the weight was scary. I am so so glad I took the leap and did it.
Watch my youtube video on why I gained weight.
Remember, major progress happens gradually. Give yourself time and be patient and consistent.